Monday, January 29, 2007

Why?

Why is it that my wool pants (arguably considered winter appropriate pants) are lined with material that gets cold from the wind? Does that make any sense? The lining is 100% acetate. I only know what that is from looking it up online - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulose_acetate - and I agree that it drapes nicely, but geez it gets cold! Clothes have been around for a long time, and there are a bunch of people out there designing things. Isn’t there another low-cost alternative that won’t get so freaking cold in winter-weight pants?

And, who knew the full name was cellulose acetate? For some reason, I’m not surprised they leave the cellulose part off when it comes to the clothing tag – poor connotation and all that.

I was going to make this a longer post with more of my “why” questions, but right now I can’t seem to think of any more. Guess they’ll have to be in another installment.

No comments: